Recently Georgian footballer Kakha Kaladze said about his decision to give up from professional sport after a nearly 18-year boxing career. The corresponding statement he posted on his page at social network Facebook.
He thanked the clubs, "Milan" and "Genoa", in which he played in Italy, all my friends and athletic rivals, journalists and fans, and assured that he always tried to do his best and did everything for his team. Explaining the reasons for retiring from football, Kaladze stressed that "it is time to give way to young players", and explains that he decided to "fight for the future welfare of his country and his people."
"But on the other hand, I am excited and looking forward to beginning my political career in Georgia. This will be the main match of my life. I will fight on the side of freedom and democracy."
Besides, former captain of Georgian football team is planning a farewell match in September, 2012.
"I want to bring the stars, my close friends with whom I played for many years. I want Georgia fans saw them in Georgia. But the only problem is the stadium - If we are allowed to play at the stadium, then I will be grateful "- said Kaladze.
- Pentagon chief left Georgia
- Georgian parliament begins debate of the draft bill "On the State Language"
- "Dnepravia" suspends flights from Kharkiv to Tbilisi and Batumi
- Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mariamoba
- The Georgian Foreign Ministry published a list of countries with which it will support the visa-free message
Latest from David Pipia
- Georgia will host an international conference on the cooperation of the EU in the field of energy
- On May 11, Georgia will host the fourth festival of new wine
- Rugby World Cup 2015 will be held at the Olympic Stadium in London
- Foreign investors will invest about $ 150 million in oil exploration and production in Georgia
- Mikheil Saakashvili held the meeting with governors