Georgian wrestler Vladimir Hinchegashvili won the gold medal in the bantamweight (57 kg) at the Golden Grand Prix tournament in Baku of Heydar Aliyev.
In freestyle wrestling Hinchegashvili in the quarterfinals defeated Azerbaijani wrestler Yashar Aliyev (7:4), in the semifinals - the Russians Rustam Ampara (6:5), and in the final battle won another carpet host Akhmednabi Gvarzatilov (6:2).
In the final draw of Golden Grand Prix went one more ward of coach Revaz Mindorashvili - heavyweight (120 kg.), Sakandelidze George, who won the silver medal.
Sakandelidze first won the Cuban national team of Azerbaijan Legionnaire Alexis Rodriguez (16:6), and then at the American Tervel Ivaylov Dlagnev (6:4), and in the final he didn't cope with bugged his rivals Ukrainian Alexander Hotsyanovskii and gave him (0:10).
Under the program, drawing Golden Grand Prix in Baku now on the carpet will come out women, and then competitions will be held in Greco-Roman style.
- Between Baku and Poti renewed container traffics
- Universities of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey will exchange students
- At the World Economic Forum Georgia will be present by two ministers
- In Baku was held the official ceremony of meeting of the President of Georgia
- The foreign ministers of three countries will visit Tbilisi tomorrow
Latest from Oli Pipia
- Baku and Tbilisi discussed issue of investment in the reconstruction of Georgia's highways
- Pentagon chief left Georgia
- Georgian parliament begins debate of the draft bill "On the State Language"
- "Dnepravia" suspends flights from Kharkiv to Tbilisi and Batumi
- Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mariamoba