Catholicos-Patriarch of All Georgia Ilia II on January, 13 in the Georgian Patriarchate at state reception in honor of the New Year according to the old style calendar met officials.
At the request of the Patriarch of Georgia Ilia II, yesterday President Mikheil Saakashvili, Prime Minister Bidzina Ivanishvili and Parliament Speaker David Usupashvili talked about the future of Georgia. He said this at a press conference which was held at the conclusion of the visit of the Ecumenical Patriarch to Georgia.
"Last night there was a fact that was not there for 2000 years. Three patriarchs blessed New Year and Georgia. Another great fact was that the Georgian president, prime minister and speaker of parliament, met each other and discussed the future of the country. It was an expression of love and respect ", - said the head of the Georgian Church.
State reception was also attended by the Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I and a delegation of several Orthodox churches, which arrived in Georgia to participate in the commemoration of the 80th anniversary of the Patriarch of Georgia and the 35th anniversary of his enthronement.
- Pentagon chief left Georgia
- Georgian parliament begins debate of the draft bill "On the State Language"
- "Dnepravia" suspends flights from Kharkiv to Tbilisi and Batumi
- Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mariamoba
- The Georgian Foreign Ministry published a list of countries with which it will support the visa-free message
Latest from David Pipia
- Georgia will host an international conference on the cooperation of the EU in the field of energy
- On May 11, Georgia will host the fourth festival of new wine
- Rugby World Cup 2015 will be held at the Olympic Stadium in London
- Foreign investors will invest about $ 150 million in oil exploration and production in Georgia
- Mikheil Saakashvili held the meeting with governors