In "Tbilisi Marriott" hotel is held a meeting of the working group of Georgia and the United States on defense and security. It is attended by Deputy Defense Minister Levan Dolidze, Acting Chief of the Joint Staff of the Georgian Armed Forces Vakhtang Kapanadze, representatives of the Department of Defense and high-ranking military personnel.
The parties are discussing the prospects for deepening the Georgian-American cooperation in the military field, and performing six paragraph agreement of raising the defense of Georgia.
It will also focus on the participation of Georgia in the peacekeeping operation in Afghanistan and the rehabilitation program of wounded soldiers.
As stated Levan Dolidze to journalists, the basic mechanism of cooperation between Georgia and the U.S. military is an agreement of deepening the cooperation.
"Yesterday definitely was cleared that in frames of agreement the parties have made a progress. Moreover, the parties from the phase of analysis, assessments and consultations have already moved to implementation of provided points of the agreement, i.e. the stage of implementation ", - said Dolidze.
- Pentagon chief left Georgia
- Georgian parliament begins debate of the draft bill "On the State Language"
- "Dnepravia" suspends flights from Kharkiv to Tbilisi and Batumi
- Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mariamoba
- The Georgian Foreign Ministry published a list of countries with which it will support the visa-free message
Latest from David Pipia
- Georgia will host an international conference on the cooperation of the EU in the field of energy
- On May 11, Georgia will host the fourth festival of new wine
- Rugby World Cup 2015 will be held at the Olympic Stadium in London
- Foreign investors will invest about $ 150 million in oil exploration and production in Georgia
- Mikheil Saakashvili held the meeting with governors