We have a great desire and we appeal the Government of Georgia to cooperate, said Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili after his meeting with the President of European Parliament Martin Schulz.
According to him, there is disagreement between the parties in the country, much may be liked or not be liked, "but we should not be indifferent to the will of our nation, which is called co-operation in the European framework."
"We are here in order to bring together Georgia and the EU, and we got the European perspective for our country. We have already reached simplification of visa regime and now we need that the process of visa liberalization has gone the way of progress. We have reached an agreement on associated membership, deep and comprehensive trade. On this side, Georgia doesn't have alternative. Rapprochement with the EU is not a party choice; this path was chosen by people for the long term future of our country. I think from that point of view, the visit of the Prime Minister and a meeting with you, was quite valuable in terms of awareness for him. We shared our experience with the new government. Despite what happened, I would be happy for the next year, before the end of my presidential term, if we will be able to maintain such cooperation, which will be based on the separation of experience, building of which we have already started",- said the president.
- Pentagon chief left Georgia
- Georgian parliament begins debate of the draft bill "On the State Language"
- "Dnepravia" suspends flights from Kharkiv to Tbilisi and Batumi
- Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mariamoba
- The Georgian Foreign Ministry published a list of countries with which it will support the visa-free message
Latest from David Pipia
- Georgia will host an international conference on the cooperation of the EU in the field of energy
- On May 11, Georgia will host the fourth festival of new wine
- Rugby World Cup 2015 will be held at the Olympic Stadium in London
- Foreign investors will invest about $ 150 million in oil exploration and production in Georgia
- Mikheil Saakashvili held the meeting with governors