Azerbaijan, Turkey and Georgia will hold joint military exercises; this agreement was reached at a meeting of defense ministers of the three countries in Nahchivan. This was announced on Tuesday by the head of the defense department of Azerbaijan Zakir Hasanov.
The minister said that the objective of the exercise is to increase the military efficiency of the armed forces.
During of Nakhchivan meeting of the defense ministers of Azerbaijan, Turkey and Georgia - Zakir Hasanov, Ismet Yilmaz and Iraklii Alasania also agreed to hold meetings in this format twice a year, the organization of joint seminars and conferences, creating of trilateral format in military education and cooperation in the military technical sphere, said Hasanov.
The minister said that it is planned to organize meetings of experts to explore promising areas of cooperation.
The defense ministers of Azerbaijan, Turkey and Georgia have also discussed the military-political situation in the region, had an exchange of views on issues of security and restore stability in the region.
The parties also noted the effectiveness of development cooperation in this format.
Latest from Oli Pipia
- Baku and Tbilisi discussed issue of investment in the reconstruction of Georgia's highways
- Pentagon chief left Georgia
- Georgian parliament begins debate of the draft bill "On the State Language"
- "Dnepravia" suspends flights from Kharkiv to Tbilisi and Batumi
- Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mariamoba