On the border between Russia and Ukraine was hit Boeing 777.
On board were 283 passengers and 15 crew members - all of them are died. Flight, which belongs to the "Malaysian Airlines", followed the route Amsterdam - Kuala Lumpur.
On board of the plane that crashed in the Donetsk region of Ukraine, was not the citizens of Georgia, was told in "Georgia-News" by employee of the Department of Press and Information of the Georgian Foreign Ministry on Friday, July 18.
On board of the Boeing 777 of "Malaysia Airlines" that was carrying on July, 17 flight Amsterdam - Kuala Lumpur were 298 people, including children. They all died.
"According to our information, on board of the aircraft were not Georgian citizens" - said Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Among the victims of the crash were scientists and doctors who were going to a conference of the international AIDS Society (IAS) in Melbourne, a spokesman for the World Health Organization and relative of the prime minister of Malaysia.
"Malaysia Airlines" Company reported that on board of the crashed plane were residents at least of 9 countries. Most of the passengers, according to the carrier, are the residents of Holland - 154 people, from Malaysia (with crew) - 45 people, residents of Australia - 27 people, Indonesia - 12 people. Besides on board were 9 residents of the UK, 4 - Germany, 4 Belgians, three Filipinos, one passenger was from Canada. Citizenship of 41 dead is not determined yet.
- Adjara is presented at the international tourism exhibition UITT-2013
- WIZZ AIR will fly from Kutaisi to Kiev, Kharkov, Donetsk and Warsaw
- In Davos Ivanishvili will meet with Ban Ki-moon
- Ukraine will be represented at Tbilisi Christmas charity fair
- Georgian wines are passing procedures for returning to the Russian market
Latest from Oli Pipia
- Baku and Tbilisi discussed issue of investment in the reconstruction of Georgia's highways
- Pentagon chief left Georgia
- Georgian parliament begins debate of the draft bill "On the State Language"
- "Dnepravia" suspends flights from Kharkiv to Tbilisi and Batumi
- Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mariamoba