Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili congratulated the flocks of Catholic, the Armenian Apostolic Church and the Lutheran with happy Easter.
This is stated in the statement of the head of state, published on his official page on the social network Face book.
The President congratulated the new Pope Francis and all Catholics, including those living on the territory of Georgia. He paid tribute to Georgian Catholics in Science and Art of Georgia.
"The contribution of Catholic missionaries in the history of our country at different stages is invaluable. They have strengthened Georgia as an integral part of the European world. I wish you spiritual peace, happiness and prosperity to our country ", - said in a statement Mikheil Saakashvili.
The President also congratulated the Armenian community, noting that the Georgian-Armenian relations have always been special.
"With great love I congratulate you on this holiday our compatriots - the Armenian community, friendly Armenia and the Armenian Diaspora around the world", - said in a statement of the president.
According to him, the friendship and brotherhood of the Georgian and Armenian people "is not only in the Christian civilization, but in the long history of mankind".
Mikheil Saakashvili congratulated with the Easter congregation the flock of Lutheran Church. He stressed that the Lutherans – is an integral part of the multi-religious Georgia.
- Georgia's former president Eduard Shevardnadze dies aged 86
- Anaklia or Lasika port - Project of the Century
- Saakashvili: We changed not only Georgia, but also the entire post-Soviet space
- President of Georgia, addressing UN Assembly, calls for unity in Eastern Europe
- Address by the President of Georgia at the 68th session of the United Nations General Assembly
Latest from Oli Pipia
- Baku and Tbilisi discussed issue of investment in the reconstruction of Georgia's highways
- Pentagon chief left Georgia
- Georgian parliament begins debate of the draft bill "On the State Language"
- "Dnepravia" suspends flights from Kharkiv to Tbilisi and Batumi
- Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mariamoba