On January 4, 2010, Yoga Vida NYC, www.yogavidanyc.com, a new Yoga studio located at 99 University Place at 12th St., will open its doors to students of all levels, including Yoga neophytes, offering drop-in classes starting at $5 for students and $10 for non-students and packages beginning at $45 for 10 classes. With two studios in a sun-drenched loft in Union Square, Yoga Vida NYC will provide numerous Vinyasa-flow classes throughout the day and evening, with small dedicated classes for beginners and advanced students as well as larger open classes for students of all levels.
Yoga Vida NYC will offer a creative environment in which to practice Yoga, including musically themed classes, Yoga by candlelight and Yoga accompanied by live music. Yoga Vida NYC promises to be a unique Yoga experience and with the most affordable price tag in Manhattan, it's also one of the most recession-friendly activities in the city.
Yoga Vida NYC owner Mike Patton, formerly a futures broker for Bear Stearns, decided to launch this unique and affordable Yoga studio after spending the last year and a half in Yoga studios all over Manhattan following the Wall Street meltdown. While trying to decompress and recharge in between job searches, he discovered a new side of himself through practicing Yoga.
"To get away from the pressure of trying to land another job in finance, I found my life changing as I went to more and more Yoga classes, sometimes three a day," Patton said.
After many job leads in the financial industry turned cold, Patton began to envision a new life for himself as a small business owner by combining his passion for Yoga and for business by opening a Yoga studio of his own.
"All New Yorkers need at least an hour's refuge from the harried lives they lead," Patton added. "I wanted to bring them the chance to experience Yoga at friendly prices and in a non-intimidating, inviting atmosphere."
Yoga Vida NYC promises to remove itself from the typical Yoga experience by focusing on making Yoga fun and inviting while awakening students' bodies and minds, while promoting a sense of physical awareness and presence that may lead to a fuller, more conscious life.Yoga Vida NYC
99 University Place at 12th St.
New York, NY 10003
SOURCE Yoga Vida NYC
- NeoMagic Introduces Its Digital Photo Manufacturing Kit at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas
- Texas Instruments new TI-Nspire(TM) Navigator(TM) system delivers wireless collaboration to the classroom
- Bears Quarterback Jay Cutler and Eli Lilly and Company Will Send 44 Kids to American Diabetes Association Camps Through the Touchdowns for Diabetes Campaign
- STMicroelectronics Reinforces Leadership in Ultra-Efficient MOSFETs with Extra Super-Junction Device Supporting Industry's Lowest On-Resistance Per Die Area
- Genomma Lab Announces Its 2010 Earnings Guidance