One of the major international infrastructure projects, which will be fully put into operation in 2014, is a railway line Baku-Tbilisi-Kars (will link the railway systems of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey).
Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway construction is built on the basis of the Georgian -Azerbaijan -Turkish intergovernmental agreement.
For the construction of the Georgian section Azerbaijan provided a loan for $ 775 million. Financing for this project from the State Oil Fund is provided by the Decree of the President of Azerbaijan "On the implementation of the project Baku-Tbilisi-Kars" of February 21, 2007. Since the beginning of financing this project and till the January 1st, 2013 was allocated $431.3 million.
In frames of the project "Baku-Tbilisi-Kars" is planned to build a new 105-kilometer branch railroad. In addition, in Georgia will be reconstructed railway section Akhalkalaki Marabda -Tbilisi, which will increase its capacity to 15 million tons of cargo per year. In Akhalkalaki is planned to build a point of transfer trains from the existing tracks in Georgia to the European one.
Peak throughput capacity corridor will be 17 million tons of cargo. At the initial stage, this figure will be at the level of one million passengers and 6.5 million tons of cargo.
In the future, with the completion of the project "Marmaray" (construction of a tunnel under the Bosporus) by railway Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway will be provided with access to Europe.
- Construction of Gori-Kareli section will be completed in October
- Kazakh company will carry out $ 16 million projects in Zugdidi
- Anaklia or Lasika port - Project of the Century
- Universities of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey will exchange students
- Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway will be fully operational in 2014
Latest from Oli Pipia
- Baku and Tbilisi discussed issue of investment in the reconstruction of Georgia's highways
- Pentagon chief left Georgia
- Georgian parliament begins debate of the draft bill "On the State Language"
- "Dnepravia" suspends flights from Kharkiv to Tbilisi and Batumi
- Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mariamoba