Georgian wine companies pass through a number of registrations, after which export to the Russian market will be possible, said the head of "Geopatent" Irakli Gvaladze.
He noted that last week, leading the Georgian delegation, he took part in an international conference on the national strategy in the field of intellectual property protection that was held in Moscow by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and Rospatent.
"In the frames of conference, we had bilateral meetings with the patent offices of Belarus, Kazakhstan, Ukraine and Russia", - said I.Gvaladze, noting that in Belarus and Kazakhstan have already held registration of wines, which from January 2013 will have the active phase.
The list of Georgian trademarks fall: suluguni (puff cheese), khachapuri (bread with cheese), chacha (grape brandy), churchkhela (sweetness of nuts strung on a thread in thickened grape juice) and other products of the national cuisine and production, a total of 30 titles that after registration by Rospatent will be defended against counterfeiting in the territory of Russia.
"Negotiations on the export of wine going on between the parties are active. For product export are needed that companies officially and legally register their companies as it is required by the legislation of the Russian Federation", - said Gvaladze.
According to him, the legislation of the Russian Federation, which implies preliminary documentation for the export of Georgian wine, "has its own specific".
Gvaladze also noted that the goals of this registration are – to make sure "that Georgian wine came directly from Georgia and that there were no cases of falsifications".
- Georgian citizens were not in the Boeing 777 that crashed in Ukraine
- Warsaw hosted the Georgian-Polish business forum
- "Belavia" operated its first flight on the route Minsk-Kutaisi-Minsk
- Adjara is presented at the international tourism exhibition UITT-2013
- Georgia will be presented at ProWein 2013 in Dusseldorf
Latest from David Pipia
- Georgia will host an international conference on the cooperation of the EU in the field of energy
- On May 11, Georgia will host the fourth festival of new wine
- Rugby World Cup 2015 will be held at the Olympic Stadium in London
- Foreign investors will invest about $ 150 million in oil exploration and production in Georgia
- Mikheil Saakashvili held the meeting with governors