By the end of the year all the technical works by creation of rail route of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway will be completed, and in the first half of 2013, this route will be fully operational, as reported to journalists on Monday Azerbaijanian Transport Minister Ziya Mammadov.
According to him, currently are held negotiations with producers from Spain for the purchase of new passenger trains that will run on this route, he said.
As part of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway is planned to build a new 105-kilometer branch railroad, 76 kilometers which will take place on the territory of Turkey, 29 kilometers - in Georgia. In addition, in Georgia will be reconstructed railway section of Akhalkalaki-Tbilisi-Marabda, which will increase its capacity to 15 million tons of cargo per year. In Akhalkalaki is planned to build a place for the transition from the existing train tracks in Georgia to the European one.
Peak throughput of a corridor, which will be launched in the beginning of 2013, will amount to 17 million tons of cargo. At the initial stage, this figure will be at the level of one million passengers and 6.5 million tons of cargo.
- Baku and Tbilisi discussed issue of investment in the reconstruction of Georgia's highways
- Pentagon chief left Georgia
- Georgian parliament begins debate of the draft bill "On the State Language"
- "Dnepravia" suspends flights from Kharkiv to Tbilisi and Batumi
- Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mariamoba
Latest from David Pipia
- Georgia will host an international conference on the cooperation of the EU in the field of energy
- On May 11, Georgia will host the fourth festival of new wine
- Rugby World Cup 2015 will be held at the Olympic Stadium in London
- Foreign investors will invest about $ 150 million in oil exploration and production in Georgia
- Mikheil Saakashvili held the meeting with governors