Rehabilitation of the International Airport Kopitnari will be completed in 2012. At the Government House in Kutaisi was held a meeting of the Management Group, which was attended by Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development Vera Kobalia.
As stated Kobalia, at the meeting was discussed several issues, including the provision of electricity and water facility. According to her, the airport will be provided by new navigation systems, it is also planned building of a new observation tower. From the airport will be both domestic and international flights.
"Rehabilitation works of a runway and new terminal are held. Local population is involved in construction works. I think that this airport will play an important role both in terms of employment opportunities, and in the development of tourism and business ", - said Kobalia.
Latest from Oli Pipia
- Baku and Tbilisi discussed issue of investment in the reconstruction of Georgia's highways
- Pentagon chief left Georgia
- Georgian parliament begins debate of the draft bill "On the State Language"
- "Dnepravia" suspends flights from Kharkiv to Tbilisi and Batumi
- Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mariamoba