Baku and Tbilisi discussed issues of investments in the reconstruction of Georgia's highways in the territory of Georgia, said the head of the Georgian Foreign Minister Mikheil Janelidze.
"Along with the launch this year of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway, we discussed the issues of roads (reconstructions - IF-Az), infrastructure and investment in them. It is a very important project for us, "- said M.Dzhanelidze in Baku on Monday at a briefing with his Azerbaijan counterpart Elmar Mammadyarov.
According to him, Georgia intends closely cooperate with Azerbaijan in the framework of regional and international projects to improve its economic and transport capabilities.
He added that Baku and Tbilisi are paying special attention to cooperation in the sphere of energy and transport. "We discussed the implementation of the pipeline "Southern Gas Corridor". We continue works in this direction and we intend to increase the capacity of transit" - said M.Dzhanelidze.
Minister of Regional Development and Infrastructure of Georgia, Nodar Javakhishvili, in September, 2016 announced its intention to build and upgrade high-speed motorway at east-west directions from the borders of Azerbaijan to the Georgian Black Sea ports, as well as on the north-south direction, i.e., over the arteries, that binders Russia, India, Iran, Iraq and Pakistan. This is because the more relevant became the movement of goods from China to the West, and vice versa.
The works will be implemented in the frameworks of the spatial arrangement in the years 2016-2020.
Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili stressed the importance of the creation of new transportation routes to Georgia was able to "realize their full potential and became a transport and logistics hubs, connecting Europe and Asia".
According to prime-minister, in this context, a great role is played by road infrastructure across the country according to modern European standards.
For this purpose, the period up to 2020 inclusive, in Georgia it is planned a construction and reconstruction of about 1 thousand Km of highways, the presumable value of $ 3.5 billion. Including envisages the construction of 550 km of highways, 300 bridges and 50 road tunnels.
The Prime Minister said that the spatial arrangement of the project also envisages the construction and modernization of railway stations, sea ports and airports. Along with the improvement of road infrastructure, the project includes the development of integrated transport, construction, energy, manufacturing, tourism, mountainous regions, resorts of Georgia and other fields on the basis of rational and balanced planning.
- In Baku is discussed the construction of the railway Marabda-Kartsakhi
- August, 18 is planned a meeting ministers of defense of Georgia, Azerbaijan and Turkey
- At the World Economic Forum Georgia will be present by two ministers
- Georgia and Israel are going to simplify the visa regime
- Ways of delivery of Georgian products to the Russian Federation
Latest from Oli Pipia
- Pentagon chief left Georgia
- Georgian parliament begins debate of the draft bill "On the State Language"
- "Dnepravia" suspends flights from Kharkiv to Tbilisi and Batumi
- Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mariamoba
- The Georgian Foreign Ministry published a list of countries with which it will support the visa-free message