With the assistance of the National Agency of Georgia wine, 16 wine companies took part in the international exhibition of 2014 BEIJING (YANQING) INTERNATIONAL WINE EXPOSITION, held in China.
As it was reported, at the international exhibition of wine in Beijing traditionally gather leading winemakers, wine importers and distributors, from China and from all over the world.
Head of the National Agency of wine Levan Davitashvili noted that the submission of Georgian wine in Beijing was a unique opportunity to promote Georgian wine.
"Georgian wine presented itself on equal terms along with such countries known in wine making as France, Spain, Italy and others, which is another important step towards the popularization of Georgian wine in South-East Asia and the growth of export potential", - he said .
During the visit, Davitashvili met with government, non-governmental and business circles of China, in order to promote export growth in this direction.
"Based on preliminary data and analysis China revealed for Georgia as one of the priority markets to popularize Georgian wines by Agency is planned and implemented a lot of activities", - said the head of the National Agency of wine.
According to data of July 2014 from Georgia to China is exported 728,238 (0.75 liter) bottles of Georgian wine, which is 14% more compared to the same period of last year.
Latest from Oli Pipia
- Baku and Tbilisi discussed issue of investment in the reconstruction of Georgia's highways
- Pentagon chief left Georgia
- Georgian parliament begins debate of the draft bill "On the State Language"
- "Dnepravia" suspends flights from Kharkiv to Tbilisi and Batumi
- Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mariamoba