CSX Corporation today released the following statement following the Florida Legislature's action on the statewide rail plan:
CSX Corporation commends the Florida Legislature for endorsing this important investment in the future of our home state.
Legislative approval of the comprehensive statewide rail legislation is an important step toward fully leveraging the efficient and environmentally friendly benefits of rail. This investment will have tremendous benefits for Florida's economy by creating jobs and increasing the state's economic competitiveness by moving both passengers and freight more effectively. CSX will continue to work with Florida's elected leaders to support the recovery of our state's economy and its future growth.
CSX Corporation, based in Jacksonville, Fla., is one of the nation's leading transportation companies, providing rail, intermodal and rail-to-truck transload services. The company's transportation network spans approximately 21,000 miles, with service to 23 eastern states and the District of Columbia, and connects to more than 70 ocean, river and lake ports. More information about CSX Corporation and its subsidiaries is available at the company's web site, www.csx.com.
SOURCE CSX Corporation
- Cognizant Announces a Global Product Research and Development Relationship with Invensys Rail
- TSA Breach Highlights Need for Permanent Administrator, Says TSA Union
- Famous Roses From Ecuador Heading to Japan Now Transiting LAX
- ATA Board of Directors Names Quinn New Treasurer
- Professional Truck Drivers Provide Life Saving Advice During Winter Weather