The President of the International Chess Federation (FIDE) Kirsan Ilyumzhinov opened in Tbilisi the International Chess Academy.
The ceremony was attended by prominent Georgian grandmasters Nona Gaprindashvili and Maia Chiburdanidze.
According to Ilyumzhinov, the opening of the Academy points out that in Georgia is paid great attention to the development of chess. "I am doubly pleased to open it to the International Chess Day. Georgia - home to many grandmasters, and here I am sure will be brought up many great sportsmen", - said the head of FIDE.
The President of the Chess Federation of Georgia, Giorgi Giorgadze said that training in the Tbilisi International Chess Academy will be free. "The school – is tomorrow Georgian Chess, here are our sportsmen will improve their skills for free", - he said.
Between FIDE and the academy was formed a memorandum on cooperation in the framework of which will be hold master classes of the strongest Georgian chess coaches and foreign experts.
- Georgian FlyVista will launch flights between Tbilisi and Kiev from August, 28
- From September in Georgia will be two parliamentary capitals
- United States Embassy in Georgia temporarily suspended the issuance of visas
- S7 and "Ural Airlines" have applied to operate regular flights to Tbilisi
- In Tbilisi will be build a new center for air traffic control
Latest from Oli Pipia
- Baku and Tbilisi discussed issue of investment in the reconstruction of Georgia's highways
- Pentagon chief left Georgia
- Georgian parliament begins debate of the draft bill "On the State Language"
- "Dnepravia" suspends flights from Kharkiv to Tbilisi and Batumi
- Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mariamoba