Assistant Secretary of State Philip Gordon arrived in Tbilisi on Thursday night.
As Gordon stated at the airport, he has a lot of meetings and an intensive program. "I am delighted to come back to Georgia, and it is a good opportunity to hold talks with the new government", he said.
Gordon will start official meetings in the morning on Friday. He will hold the first meeting in Tbilisi with the parliamentary majority and the minority.
After that, he will meet with the Prime Minister of Georgia Bidzina Ivanishvili.
For Saturday is expected to meet with Georgian Foreign Minister Maya Panjikidze. The meetings will focus on preparation for the visit of the Prime Minister of Georgia Bidzina Ivanishvili in the U.S. The visit is scheduled for the end of November.
It is unknown whether Gordon will meet with Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili.
- Pentagon chief left Georgia
- Georgian parliament begins debate of the draft bill "On the State Language"
- "Dnepravia" suspends flights from Kharkiv to Tbilisi and Batumi
- Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mariamoba
- The Georgian Foreign Ministry published a list of countries with which it will support the visa-free message
Latest from David Pipia
- Georgia will host an international conference on the cooperation of the EU in the field of energy
- On May 11, Georgia will host the fourth festival of new wine
- Rugby World Cup 2015 will be held at the Olympic Stadium in London
- Foreign investors will invest about $ 150 million in oil exploration and production in Georgia
- Mikheil Saakashvili held the meeting with governors