Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili congratulated on his victory in the U.S. presidential election to Barack Obama. According to the presidential administration, Saakashvili sent a letter of congratulations to the Obama administration.
"I want to congratulate you on the successful completion of the electoral campaign and the victory of Barack Obama. I am happy for this victory, we are planning for the future cooperation with both President Obama and his administration. We have experience in a very close and successful cooperation with all departments of the Obama Administration", is said in Saakashvili's letter.
Georgian President expressed hope that the traditional cooperation between Georgia and the United States will be resumed once again.
The current U.S. President Barack Obama, according to preliminary data, won the last presidential election on Tuesday. He won 303 electoral votes from needed 270 votes. Republican Mitt Romney won 203 votes.
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan is expected to win the nation's first direct presidential election
- Georgia's former president Eduard Shevardnadze dies aged 86
- Anaklia or Lasika port - Project of the Century
- Saakashvili: We changed not only Georgia, but also the entire post-Soviet space
- President of Georgia, addressing UN Assembly, calls for unity in Eastern Europe
Latest from Oli Pipia
- Baku and Tbilisi discussed issue of investment in the reconstruction of Georgia's highways
- Pentagon chief left Georgia
- Georgian parliament begins debate of the draft bill "On the State Language"
- "Dnepravia" suspends flights from Kharkiv to Tbilisi and Batumi
- Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mariamoba