Totally CEC (the Central Election Commission) registered 3,613,851 voters who make their choice in 73 electoral districts and 3,719 polling stations.
According to the CEC, the election will be watched by more than 61 thousands of local observers.
For participating in the parliamentary elections were registered 2 electoral blocs and 14 parties.
It is expected that the fight for seats in parliament will unleash between the ruling party "United National Movement" and the opposition coalition of "Bidzina Ivanishvili - The Georgian Dream."
In recent days, the Georgian society has witnessed a bitter struggle between the main rivals, which was expressed in a large-scale campaign and the "war of compromising."
New parliament will consist of 150 deputies. However, the corellation of elected by proportional and majority systems has changed - if now it is 75 to 75, in the new parliament it will be 77 to 73.
Parliamentary elections in Georgia started today on October, 1. Polling stations across the country opened at 08:00.
Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili has voted at a polling station in the parliamentary elections, which are held in the country. President came to the polling station with his wife and a younger son.
"Today, is decided the fate of the government, in order for us to go forward and not back. Nobody can prevent to the fate of the Georgian people. Our people have always made the right decision, and I believe in the wisdom of our people. Therefore, I believe that today will be a high activity. I'm not talking about the party victory. Georgian people will win without fail ", - Saakashvili said.
- Georgia has chosen the president, the main intrigue - who will become a prime minister.
- President Saakashvili addressed the new Parliament
- The President of Georgia begins his visit to Latvia
- Kutaisi today celebrates the City Day
- Saakashvili: Georgia is a special country in the region in terms of education
Latest from Irakli Gagua
- Fun and Fundraising party of Mimoda Jazzo Gruppa
- Saakashvili: The freedom and the future of Georgia will be determined on October 1st
- Fairy's Treasures: The Sparkle Room Public Event • By Luna Dance Center
- Samsung sold 20 million Galaxy S3 for the first 100 days
- Vera Kobalia visited the resort Sairme