Today, on March 3, in Georgia is celebrated Mother's Day.
For the past 22 years, on March 3 the whole country celebrates this day. In 1991 by the decision of the first President of Georgia Zviad Gamsakhurdia, the Supreme Council issued a decree, according to which Mother's Day replaced the International Women's Day on March, 8. But today, however, both feasts are celebrated separately.
President of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili congratulated mothers on Mother's Day. Congratulations have been published on Mikheil Saakashvili's page at "Facebook".
"Congratulate all mothers on Mother's Day! Best reward for parents is the success of a child ... I want you always be happy and enjoyed successes of your children", - is said in message.
The purpose of the Mother's Day is high and good - to maintain the tradition of respect for the woman, secure family foundations, highlight the importance in our lives of the main person - Mother.
Mother's Day in Georgia - is a family holiday. Children should know who the mother is, what she had done for them and what respect she deserves. There is nothing more beautiful and selfless maternal love. As the sun sends its rays, warming all life on earth, and mother's love is always warms the child.
- Georgia's former president Eduard Shevardnadze dies aged 86
- Anaklia or Lasika port - Project of the Century
- Saakashvili: We changed not only Georgia, but also the entire post-Soviet space
- President of Georgia, addressing UN Assembly, calls for unity in Eastern Europe
- Address by the President of Georgia at the 68th session of the United Nations General Assembly
Latest from Oli Pipia
- Baku and Tbilisi discussed issue of investment in the reconstruction of Georgia's highways
- Pentagon chief left Georgia
- Georgian parliament begins debate of the draft bill "On the State Language"
- "Dnepravia" suspends flights from Kharkiv to Tbilisi and Batumi
- Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mariamoba