Charity telethon in memory of the legendary Georgian actress Sofiko Chiaureli, was held yesterday at the concert hall of Tbilisi.
Marathon will be held at the organization of the charity fund "Iavnana" and it will feature stars of Georgian movie and theater - Kakhi Kavsadze, Givi Berikashvili, Nani Bregvadze, Buba Kikabidze, Nato Metonidze, Liza Bagrationi and many others.
Charity event was supported by the Ministry of Culture.
Sofiko Chiaureli was born on May 21, 1937 in the family of the legendary actress Veriko Andjaparidze and filmmaker Michael Chiaureli.
At various times, she was the lead actress of Kote Marjanishvili Theatre and Theatre of Shota Rustaveli.
She has starred in more than 20 movies, and has participated in 40 productions. She played both comic and dramatic roles. Sofiko Andjaparidze was the muse of famous film director Sergei Parajanov, and appeared virtually in all of his works.
Sofiko Chiaureli died on March 2, 2008.
Latest from Oli Pipia
- Baku and Tbilisi discussed issue of investment in the reconstruction of Georgia's highways
- Pentagon chief left Georgia
- Georgian parliament begins debate of the draft bill "On the State Language"
- "Dnepravia" suspends flights from Kharkiv to Tbilisi and Batumi
- Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mariamoba