Foreign investors will invest in oil exploration and production in Georgia for at least $150 million.
This was announced in country's National Agency of oil and gas. In 2012 for searching works and oil production was spent $ 68 million.
Investors of related works are several companies, including American-British Blake Oil and Gas, which mainly operates in Kakheti (Eastern Georgia), and the Indian Jindal Petroleum, spanning several regions and drilled since the fall of last year from 8 wells from planned 10.
According to the Indian company, each well requires investments in the amount from $5 to $ 20 million.
Currently in Georgia produced 50 tons of oil per year. There is no in the country oil refining powers, and all mined raw materials goes abroad.
- Pentagon chief left Georgia
- Georgian parliament begins debate of the draft bill "On the State Language"
- "Dnepravia" suspends flights from Kharkiv to Tbilisi and Batumi
- Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mariamoba
- The Georgian Foreign Ministry published a list of countries with which it will support the visa-free message
Latest from David Pipia
- Georgia will host an international conference on the cooperation of the EU in the field of energy
- On May 11, Georgia will host the fourth festival of new wine
- Rugby World Cup 2015 will be held at the Olympic Stadium in London
- Mikheil Saakashvili held the meeting with governors
- Georgian Foreign Minister holds meetings in the Netherlands