On the construction of the Turkish section of Baku-Tbilisi-Kars (BTK) are involved 1,200 workers who work 24 hours a day.
As 1news.az reports with reference to Turkish media, it was declared by the deputy from the ruling Justice and Development Party Yunus Kilic.
"The construction of tunnels, which is considered as the most difficult segment of the BTK project is almost at the stage at the end," - he said.
The deputy noted that BTK – is one of the greatest transportation projects in the region: "This railway will connect not only the countries of the region, but also Asia and Europe. That is why it is so important as well for Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia. "
Implementation of the project, he continued, would lead to the fact that Kars will be a center of trade in the region.
"If there will be no delays, then soon works on the construction of the Turkish section of the construction of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway will be completed," - said the deputy.
Earlier, the Turkish Ambassador in Baku, Mr Kilic said that the railway Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway will be put into operation in late October of 2013.
- Baku and Tbilisi discussed issue of investment in the reconstruction of Georgia's highways
- Pentagon chief left Georgia
- Georgian parliament begins debate of the draft bill "On the State Language"
- "Dnepravia" suspends flights from Kharkiv to Tbilisi and Batumi
- Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mariamoba
Latest from David Pipia
- Georgia will host an international conference on the cooperation of the EU in the field of energy
- On May 11, Georgia will host the fourth festival of new wine
- Rugby World Cup 2015 will be held at the Olympic Stadium in London
- Foreign investors will invest about $ 150 million in oil exploration and production in Georgia
- Mikheil Saakashvili held the meeting with governors